The recent request for lemons from a trading group I belong to brings up a question .. what do you do with yours? We’ve done the following in the past:
1) grate the zest and dry it then put it in brown paper bags. The zest will last about 6 months or more in a cool, dry, dark environment (the peels can be candied or used to make extract)
2) candy the peel. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/56693/candied-lemon-peel/ (picture here from allrecipes)
3) juice as much as possible and freeze it. If you don’t use it for cooking you can use it for cleaning specifically your windows.
4) lemon protein bars (lots of recipes out there)
5) make your own lemon extract (again … lots of recipes)
6) make lemon cookies with lemon cream centers and freeze them (they will last about a year)
7) make lemon marmalade (sweet and sour and good for recipes like Mandarin Lemon Chicken or Greek Lemon Chicken)
9) make lemon curd (which freezes well then lasts for about 7 days in the refrigerator after thawing)
Any other ideas?